The aim of the programme is to produce doctors who have learnt the need to : –
1. Treat each patient with dignity, kindness, courtsey & respect.
2. Be competent in diagnosing and managing common health problems of the individual and community.
3. Serve the community through preventive medicine & education.
4. Appreciate the rationale for different therapeutic modalities & be familiar with the administration of “essential drugs” & their side effects.
5. Remain committed to continuing improvement in quality through adaptation of technological advance & continuing education,
6. Maintain the dignity of the Profession.
7.Recognize their responsibility to society and the development of traits such as personal integrity, sense of responsibility, dependability & ability to relate to & show concern for other individuals.
Four & a half years ( 4 ½ yrs) plus one year compulsory rotatory internship. Candidates admitted to MBBS course must pass all papers of first MBBS examination, within four attempts ( the four attempts are to be completed within 3 yrs from the date of enrolment). If they fail to do so, they will not be alllowed to continue the course.
a) Age : The candidate should have completed 17yrs of age on 31stDecember of the year preceding the year in which admission is sought.
b) Qualifying exam: The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent with English, Physics,Chemistry & Biology. Scoring a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology subjects. The English level should not be less than the core course prescribed by the NCERT.